40 Resource Way Malaga WA 6090
08 9249 7483
08 9249 9156
Malaga Office opening hours: Mon - Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
March 26th 2020
Latest Coronavirus update from Australian Mobility Equipment:
AME is continuing to monitor the current pandemic updates very closely. The situation continues to evolve rapidly and many Perth businesses are having to adjust their policies and procedures to reduce the spread to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Our priorities are to minimise any health risk to our staff and their families, customers and suppliers, whilst continuing to offer what services we can in a safe manner: and reduce the community spread of the virus.
At this stage our office remains open Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm, however for the health and safety of all visitors our automatic doors are now locked. Please knock at the door and one of our staff will assist you.
Appointments at AME for Trial of equipment:
We feel the safest option for everybody moving forward is that for the foreseeable future all trials will need to be booked in with a consultant and conducted at AME’s offices. This allows us more control over our environment than attending client’s homes etc.
All trials will have conditions that AME and clients must meet before the trial can commence. These rules may change day by day and we will adjust accordingly as we are advised to do so.
We must abide by advice given to us from the State and Federal departments of health whilst also trying to still provide a service to our clientele.
This is an extremely difficult task with social distancing rules that are in place but we will try as best as possible.
• There is at no point to be more than three people in the AME’s therapy room (including the product consultant)to comply with the latest government restrictions.
• Anyone attending the appointment must not have been overseas within the last month, or have been in contact with anyone recently returned from overseas.
• All therapist and carers attending the appointment must not have been overseas within the last month, or been in contact with anyone recently returned from overseas.
• Anyone with any flu like symptoms, sore throats, fever or shortness of breath etc will not be permitted to enter AME • Everyone that enters the building must supply their own face mask and anti-bacteria gel their hands upon arrival as we cannot get enough masks etc to supply.
• At no point will we be able to place any clients in our chairs at AME: and until further notice trials will basically be of a “viewing only” nature.
• Only trial requests for equipment by an Organisation, A hospital or Indigo (formerly The ILC) will be permitted so as we can ensure proper cleaning will take place.
• Any equipment that leaves AME’s premises for trials must be returned thoroughly cleaned and sanitised/disinfected • New chair deliveries which require adjustments will need to be undertaken over a skype style phone call with a therapist or carer or following the guidance above mentioned, at AME.
• We are still providing a pickup and drop off service at this stage • We have a sub-contractor still available for onsite service however he will require safe and healthy working conditions.
• Any decision the sub-contractor makes whilst carrying out the repair or service to equipment to undertake work will be decided by him and not by AME directly
• All AME staff have been asked to remain at home if they have any flu like symptom’s
We understand that this is a challenging time for everyone and we sincerely apologise that we are unable to offer our full level of customer support we are renown for and we appreciate your understanding whilst we get through this difficult time. On behalf of all AME’s staff, stay safe and we look forward to returning to normal once we are instructed to do so by the State and Federal Health departments.